Friday, December 26, 2003

Big-screen Nemo

Last night I watched Finding Nemo with my extended family on my wife's side. Though my father-in-law doesn't really watch TV, he does have a digital LCD projector, which he uses to give presentations to his scuba diving classes. (Let's just say dad-in-law was unimpressed with the accuracy of the movie, though we did manage to convince him that there is such a thing as a "flapjack octopus," which is what "Pearl" appears to be in the film.) Within about ten minutes he'd hooked up a home theater system, with a DVD player and his existing living room stereo. And suddenly, my cravings for a big screen TV were sated. Before I ever spend more than $1000 on a big screen TV, I'm definitely going to look into a projector system -- plasma TVs and rear projection TVs seem to cost a lot more and don't have nearly the versatility, or even the size capability of a projector.

I'm at least a couple of years away from a serious video expenditure like that, but it's definitely something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home