Friday, October 17, 2003

Bubba Ho-Tep

While in New York I did get to see Bubba Ho-Tep, which was pretty darn funny, but I don't think it's quite what Bruce Campbell fans are expecting. An unofficial sequel to Evil Dead it ain't, my friends. While I'll probably wait to write a full review until Scott gets a chance to see it, I can say that it was funny, thoughtful, and that Bruce Campbell is the center without which the rest of the film could not exist. More later as I collect my thoughts and probably watch it a second time.

You know, once I get the chance.

Kill Bill

Is there anyone who has more fun making movies than Quentin Tarantino? There's gonna have to be one helluva fight sequence in the next film to top the "House of Blue Leaves" sequence in this one. Who knew the music of Zamfir could be so perfectly matched to kung-fu combat?

The First Nudie Musical

I couldn't help it: I really enjoyed TFNM. They don't make comedies like this anymore -- the dumbness dial has been rotated so far down that this is actually too highbrow for the likes of Chris Kataan and Rob Schneider. (Many props, however, to Schneider for naming the sequel Deuce Bigalow: Electric Gigolo.) The music was actually pretty good, although the big ingenue number in the middle (voiced, reportedly, by Annette O'Toole) was kind of a waste. Less inspiring, more funny. The commentary on the disk is almost as much fun as the movie.

The Daily Show with John Stewart

Still damn funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home