Tuesday, December 16, 2003

Hulk smash buttons!

I picked up The Hulk for Nintendo Gamecube on the cheap the other night, and I've played a few levels -- enough to know that I really like what they've done with the game mechanics, at least on the levels where you get to play the Hulk. Unlike most smash-and-trash games where you either run out of enemies or are forced on to the next level, Hulk allows you to hang around and enjoy whacking the crap out of your opponents and the surrounding environment. It'll keep throwing enemies at you until you decide to move on to the next area, although after a while you may have difficulty keeping your Hulk alive.

What I'm not so keen on, however, are the levels in which you play Bruce Banner. Who the heck thought anyone would want to play puny Banner, dodging soldiers and spotlights, especially after kicking ass for a few levels as his gamma-green giant alter-ego? I don't normally review video games because I don't need to pick apart every diversion in my life, but this one leaves me scratching my head. I gotta find some codes or something that'll let me skip these levels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home