Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Alamo Drafthouse Turkey Marathon (Austin, TX)

Turkey DayIf you live in Austin and you're around for Thanksgiving weekend (as I am not, which causes me sorrow in only this regard), then you need to know about the Turkey Marathon at the Alamo Downtown. Staying in the spirit of the now-defunct Comedy Central MST3K Turkey Day, the Alamo is showing a marathon (if you consider four films to be a marathon) of crap. The four movies are:
It oughtta be a good time, and admission is just ten bucks for all four movies. Of course, if you're like me you'll spend considerably more than that on the Alamo's food and drink over the course of six hours, but that's just part of what makes the Alamo such a dangerously great theater. Too bad the popcorn at the Downtown branch isn't nearly as good as that at the South Lamar.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

mmmmm ... turkey and Inframan. I'm so there.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Christopher said...

If'n I were you I'd check with tim@originalalamo.com, but I'm guessing they're showing it on video.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home