Monday, November 21, 2005

Tiki Bar TV - I don't know much, but I know I love you

Dear Tiki Bar TV,

Tiki Bar TVI knew I was infatuated in the first minutes of the first episode. What was this magical spell you cast over me? Lovers of Tikiana, making their own video podcast -- with high production values, great drink recipes, biting wit, and fetching, tipsy women? This was, quite simply, too good to be true. Surely some cruel tiki god was summoning these visions from his crazed imagination to make me suffer when he withheld the next episode. I prayed to Ku for the strength to make it between each installment.

Then came Episode Ten, and I knew it was love. What to my wondering eyes did appear? Lala invoking the name of capital-S Science? A musical number? A cardboard robot suit with tap-light eyes destroying a city? Oh, you magnificent bastards. It's just too much for a b-movie lover's heart to bear.

Here's the question though: in the name of Kanaloa, why haven't you tried to sell me anything yet? No, no, you've given me too much already. You have my heart, now here's my wallet. Just take it. So long as the episodes coming.

Tenderly,

Chris @ Stomp Tokyo

1 Comments:

Blogger J. Burroughs said...

Chris,

Thanks for the tip! I'm enjoying Tiki Bar TV so much.

- J.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home