Monday, March 26, 2007

What's that sound?

That distant cry like a thousand thousand nerds wailing in the wilderness?

It's the sound of a devoted fan base that just got told they have to wait until 2008 for more episodes of Battlestar Galactica.

If I were to guess (and why not guess, given that I have no journalistic integrity to uphold?) I'd say that there are some actors (and crew members?) on that show who are anxious to flex their newly-developed market muscle by taking an extended break to do some movie work, or maybe just take some time off from Cylon life. For us it's a pleasant diversion once a week; for them it's been three-plus years of constant life on the set of a space opera.

I'm looking forward to the next (and presumably last) season of Battlestar Galactica as much as the next geek, but I'm happy to give them their hiatus. Plenty of stuff on cable and DVD to occupy my time until then.

Just one question: when the heck does Veronica Mars start back up?

Edit: Looks like the answer to that last question is May 1st. Whee.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home