Thursday, March 01, 2007

Still here, still alive.

February was a crazy-busy month for me. Over at work we launched a bunch of new film festival sites, some of which are live now – some of which even have festivals happening this weekend or coming up. These include: Omaha FF, the Gasparilla FF (Tampa, FL), the Lake County FF (Chicago, IL), the Sedona IFF, and the Sacramento Film Festival. If you live in any of those areas I encourage you to check out the sites and consider taking in a screening or two; there's some real indie film goodness in there.

The rest of my life has been taken up by the business of being a dad; I don't think that requires much in the way of explanation. You've heard other fathers talk about the exhaustion and sleep deprivation and how it's all worth it. I'll just say ditto. And that my entire day has been shifted two hours earlier due to the fact that my little girl sleeps almost precisely from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. every night.

As mentioned earlier, I did watch a Godzilla movie the other night (Godzilla vs. Spacegodzilla, the last movie in the Big G's repertoire left for us to review) in the hopes of having it reviewed for this weekend's B-Masters Roundtable Review. Given that I haven't started writing yet – and I bet Scott hasn't either – we'll see how successful that ends up being.

I'm also hoping to get back into posting to FilmBuffStuff; I have some ideas for turning it into more than just a products blog, though I will still be doing a certain amount of that. But first: South by Southwest. Lots of cool movies are previewing and premiering there, and I hope to actually see a few when I'm not manning the company booth. If you're attending SxSW film or interactive, come through the trade show and say hello.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home