Monday, March 26, 2007

Download This: Inquisitor for Safari

picThere are days when you stumble upon a new bit of software that makes your life just a little bit easier. I find myself smiling just a little bit more on those days. Inquisitor is one of those tools -- it takes a task that I do many times a day (perform a Google search using Safari's toolbar) and makes it faster, better, more fun. Inquisitor bills itself as "Spotlight for the web," but I never found Spotlight anything to write home about. Inquisitor, on the other hand, adds type-ahead features where they are actually useful and pops up the most likely suspects before you even finish typing. Somehow it does this without slowing down the search process, which is one of my main beefs about the "search as you type" process. (This is especially true on my comparatively pokey iBook G4, which was a speedy little puppy when purchased in October of 2005 but has since been left in the dust by the Macbooks and their damned Intel chips.)

Inquisitor apparently also has features I haven't even tapped into yet -- additional search engines? Oh, and hey -- it's free. Ya gotta like free.

It's only for Safari, which is OK as Firefox is a memory hog and really slow on my machine. (See earlier comment about relative pokiness of iBook G4.)

Download Inquisitor now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home