Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The new iMac G5

Apple released another triumph of industrial design this morning, the new iMac G5. Personally, I didn't see what was wrong with the old iMac with its retro desk lamp design and "floating" display, but the name of the game in industrial design -- at least when it comes to computers -- is constant change. Still, I'm not sure I see any clear advantage in having the CD/DVD drive on the side of the monitor, though it is nice that they kept the ability to swivel the display. I'll have to check out the real thing at the local Apple store soon so I can see how it fares in terms of stability on a desk.

Personally I'm waiting for the latest revisions to the iBook line, as the next computer I buy for myself personally will definitely be a Mac laptop of some sort. Can't suckle at the office teat forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home