Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Gr mpy

B-Movies Quarterly #4 arrived in the mail today, and it looks really good -- for the most part. The hard copy pages I sent to the printer were printed at the wrong line screen (printerspeak, please ignore). In order to make the pages look their best when printed in bulk, the printer offered to print the pages at the proper line screen for me. I uploaded my PDFs to their FTP site, thinking all was well, though a little bit unhappy at my own absent-mindedness, which was going to cost me a dollar per page to fix.

The pages do look great, and the photos are probably the best they've looked since BMQ's first issue. However, in the process of printing them from the laser printers, something must have gone wrong, because there are odd gaps where certain letters and even entire lines of text should be. For instance, if you read our masthead, you will find that you are reading "B-M v es Q a e y." An entire line is missing from the Reel Shame ad on the inside of the back cover. Mind you, the printers we use do a great job for a good price, but maybe they could have been a bit sharper-eyed when comparing their hard copies to the hard copies I sent them.

Is th t too m ch to a k?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home