Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ambrosia software on piracy

When I was in college, Ambrosia Software made the coolest Mac games around, and for the most part they were available on the shareware honor system. I bought one or two but, being pretty poor and not really much of a gamer, I played a few levels of the other games but wasn't a big customer of the company.

I do remember, however, the day that they started locking the games' higher levels behind registration codes, and I remember thinking that the party was over. This article from Ambrosia admin Matt Slot illustrates the way that companies grow up and presents a casual examination of just how many people will "steal" software if they can. Not that I've ever stolen software. 'Course not.

[via Daring Fireball]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home