Saturday, November 11, 2006

"Tenacious D" and here come the holidays!

tenacious dHey, look. We're actually updating. Scott and I have agreed that trying to do all of our reviews in tandem just isn't working, so we'll be doing solo reviews in addition to our usual tag-team essays. My first solo review is Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny. It isn't my intention to do a lot of "mainstream" movies, but I'm a fan of the D and had the opportunity to see it early, so why not?

Sticking more in the genre vein, Scott has done a couple of solo reviews of episodes of the new Doctor Who spinoff series, Torchwood.

In the short term I'll be reviewing a lot of the stuff I saw at Fantastic Fest and (to a lesser extent) the Austin Film Festival, and then the holidays are upon us. Scott and I are running out of weird holiday movies to review, so if you have any suggestions we'd love to hear them. (E-mail theguys at stomptokyo dot com.) Here's a quick sample of some of the Christmas stuff we've done in the past:

The Magic Christmas Tree
Black Christmas
Don't Open 'Til Christmas
Christmas Evil

I suppose we could go back and review the rest of the Silent Night, Deadly Night series, but I don't really want to. Are there any creepy Hannukah movies? Kwaanza killers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home