Saturday, March 18, 2006

Well I'll be damned. "Slither" doesn't suck.

I sat down in the packed Alamo Drafthouse downtown tonight with the rest of Austin's culterati and ordered some coffee. A few of SxSW's late night screenings (including the surreal and mentally challenging Brothers of the Head) have taught me that staying awake can be a struggle in the wee hours. I needn't have worried; Slither is an old-fashioned monster romp that kept the audience hooting, laughing, and shrieking for 90 minutes. It was a boost to my faith in the power of the audience experience. I can't recall a creature feature this tight and this much fun since Tremors.

I won't go into much more detail since I intend to bang out a review over the next 48 hours or so. Suffice it to say that Slither, while far from a cinematic masterpiece, should tickle your horror bone pretty well. I fully expected a disappointment, but this was a pleasant (if gruesome) night at the movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home