Tuesday, March 04, 2008

100 days, 100 movies and Film Festival Secrets.

pic


As you probably know, Stomp Tokyo is currently in hibernation while Scott and I recharge our mental batteries. Back in November we decided it was time to formally acknowledge the fact that we were on a break from the b-movie biz and pursue the other projects on our plates.

Scott has reverted to type and is passing the time on his blog with a concept that is, admittedly, 100% Awesome: 100 days, 100 movies. In his own words:
My plan is to watch a movie a day for at least the next 100 days, and write something, however brief, on each one of them. Movie will mostly be on DVD, though I imagine I’ll get out to theater every now and again. There will also be a few digital download movies in there too.

For my part, I'm doing a bunch of writing on the small corner of the film world that has become my professional life: film festivals. After talking with hundreds of festival directors and staffers, I realized that every day they receive a deluge of questions from filmmakers -- the same questions, over and over again. And so I started the Film Festival Secrets blog with an eye towards answering those questions, eventually in the form of a book.

So now you're caught up on what we're up to at the moment. Look out, world -- it's gettin' crazy up in here.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MFL said...

Wow!! Awesome!
Would be great if you could write reviews on all the movies you watch.

I review the lesbian themed movies I have watched at http://www.moviesforlesbians.com

Well, not all of them, just the ones that I think are great

webmaster

Lesbian Movie Review
and
Lesbian Movie News

8:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice piece of article!!

I'm wondering are you writing movies reviews as well?

Enlightenment Productions

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home