Monday, September 03, 2007

Dragon*Con 2007

FreezeI didn't attend Dragon*Con this year, but I was in Atlanta during the event this past weekend. I dropped in on Scott today (the con's final day) for lunch and it sounds like it was another year of record attendance and good geeky fun for the convention. Of course growth comes with growing pains and there was a bit of grousing about the way the guest appearances were handled but it sounds like they're learning a few things about crowd control.

One of the main attractions of the convention is the costuming. Hordes of enterprising and creative pop culture fans descend upon the hotel complex sporting their best gear (and, for the voyeuristically inclined, sometimes not much of it). The real-world manifestations of characters both beloved and obscure is one of my favorite reasons to go.

This year, however, I'll be watching the Dragon*Con group on Flickr. A small army of photographers (and an even larger number of casual snapshooters) captured the magic for all to behold. I can't wait to see what I missed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

You were in Atlanta, but you didn't go to DragonCon. Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse???

3:14 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

Nope. It's one of the signs that they didn't comp my badge this year.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home