Friday, June 01, 2007

New footage of the Loch Ness monster, um, surfaces

NessieA British tourist caught new footage of a jet-black creature swimming in Loch Ness. The footage is reportedly some of the best ever taken, in particular because it includes the background shore in the shot. According to CNN, "That means it was less likely to be a fake and provided geographical bearings allowing one to calculate how big the creature was and how fast it was traveling."

I am by no means one of the Nessie faithful, but it would be kind of cool if it turned out there actually was a giant monster (or generations of a family of same) hiding out in Scotland's deepest body of water for all these years. The Loch Ness Monster was first reported in 565 A.D.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Yeah, if what is on CNN is the entire footage (which it may not be) it doesn't show MUCH of the shore (it pretty quickly zooms in on 'Nessie', but I guess with the ability to capture single frames, one might be able to tell something.

Before watching it, I was going with "shadow of a plane or a cloud." But no, it definitely seems to break the water's surface. So I'm now going with "hoax." If I lived there, I'd sure be temped to go in on scuba and drag a big tube of canvas or something behind me for the tourists.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home