Friday, June 23, 2006

Slacking

Sinus ShowgirlsWow, a whole week without an entry? Sorry guys, the jobs and life in general have really been kicking my ass this summer. I've been watching The Daily Show and AFF screeners pretty exclusively, neither of which is good material for the blog. Scott and I have reviews of B13 and My Baby is Black on tap (boy, are we late for this B-Masters Roundtable), so there should be some material for you soon.

Tonight, though, I'm headed out to the Alamo Downtown for the last screening of Showgirls as presented by the Sinus Show. I've heard nothing but enthusiasm for this particular Sinus Show, and of course Showgirls is an old favorite as one of the crappiest pictures ever committed to film. (Never mind that it's a de facto remake of The Lonely Lady.) The Sinus Show guys always do a terrific job of riffing on the subject chosen for their savagery – I'm so glad I bullied my wife into going with me tonight.

In other news, T-Fest (aka Tyrannosaurus Fest) - the summer b-movie festival run by yours truly along with Ken Begg and other b-movie lovers - will be held on July 8th in Dallas. If you're in that neck of the woods or can arrange to be for the weekend of the 8th, we'd love to see you there. It's free but seating is limited so please get in touch by e-mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home